update

Forum for the Guild LRP campaign that are run at club.

Moderator: Guild Refs

update

Postby JacquiH » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Just to let you know that we ARE planning events for this year.

There will be a short (6 hour) interactive, followed by a weekend event - dates and venues TBC as we are still trying to find a decent available site.

There are also plans for a proper players handbook for the setting, which Jacqui and Steve are currently working on - well, I say working on, but so far we have decided the format...

Watch this space for more info as it becomes available.
JacquiH
GM / Ref

Postby Dix » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 pm

will it be a 6hr Friday night event, followed by a Saturday into Sunday event [ie all on 1 weekend, or will there be a gap between the two events?]
Forum Moderator
One Shot Wonder Ref
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you touch my dice, I will kill you
Dix
Forum Administrator

Postby JacquiH » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 pm

the current plan is for a gap between - I am not well enough to run 3 days (Fri - Sun), and some time will pass in game as well.

We are looking at combining the short event with something like a combat practice if people are rusty from lack of fighting over winter and before the main events really kick off this year.
JacquiH
GM / Ref

Postby Victoria » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 am

Are you after crew for the short event, or are you just looking for players?
I am not a number, I am a free Steve
Victoria
Friend Of The Club

Postby JacquiH » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Victoria wrote:Are you after crew for the short event, or are you just looking for players?

both - we would like to have at least 6 crew - and the more the merrier.
These will be scripted characters so you would be playing the same NPC all night, and we'll send out the relevant info in advance.

It could also be a chance to bring in new PC's, and there may the chance to do this on the longer event also.
JacquiH
GM / Ref

handbook

Postby JacquiH » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:47 pm

We are planning to work on this while we are away over Easter weekend (fewer distractions!) so you might get your hands on a copy by mid April all being well.
The current plan is to produce this in a looseleaf format (in a ring binder) so pages/amendments can be added along with information relating to specific skills (particularly knowledge ones) - all comments welcome - please let us know what you think about this.

Another thought for knowledge skills is to give players the information in a small IC book format (hopefully bound with hard front & back covers) - again, your comments are wanted.
JacquiH
GM / Ref

Postby Dix » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 pm

do you have any provisional dates for next event

As one who has done a few rule books, if there is anything I can help with just ask
Forum Moderator
One Shot Wonder Ref
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dix
Forum Administrator

Postby JacquiH » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 pm

no dates yet - still waiting to hear back from Rookhow at the moment.
Thanks for the offer - I am working on it being kind of like a text book (which I have written before) but if we get stuck we'll be in touch pronto!!

What do you think to the 'knowledge skill' books rather than just handouts - you've seen a few different ways that people deal with this, so we'd really welcome any input on this one...
JacquiH
GM / Ref

Postby Dix » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 pm

the books might look great if done well, its a great idea for that immersive feel. You can look at them in character and refer to them without losing the moment

If a character can not read, but has a knowedge skill, why would they have an IC book

if the information is IC and available as a prop, you are spening OC points on [champs analogy] an Obvious Accessible Focus which can be therefore taken off you/stolen or even read by sombody who hasnt spent points and they could use the information in game

nice idea, but I see it as difficult to implement fairly for all characters
Forum Moderator
One Shot Wonder Ref
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dix
Forum Administrator

Postby JacquiH » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Dix wrote:the books might look great if done well, its a great idea for that immersive feel. You can look at them in character and refer to them without losing the moment

If a character can not read, but has a knowedge skill, why would they have an IC book

if the information is IC and available as a prop, you are spening OC points on [champs analogy] an Obvious Accessible Focus which can be therefore taken off you/stolen or even read by sombody who hasnt spent points and they could use the information in game

nice idea, but I see it as difficult to implement fairly for all characters

good point about the reading - we hadn't actually thought of that one - doh!!

To deal with the borrowing/stealing issue, if someone were to take a 'knowledge' book off someone and use it - well - that would be their next however many XP spent - they have learned the skill, but it still costs!! Does that work?
JacquiH
GM / Ref

Postby Dix » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm

To deal with the borrowing/stealing issue, if someone were to take a 'knowledge' book off someone and use it - well - that would be their next however many XP spent - they have learned the skill, but it still costs!! Does that work?

I think its a mechanical way of stopping somebody from taking a book, rather than a IC way of safeguarding the information. Off the top of my head, i cant think of way to manage IC books that has a "nice" OC system.

If literacy is commonplace in a game world, perhaps having access to "Knowledge" is the skill, membership of scholarly groups, churches, Guilds etc determine the quality and breadth of the knowledge available.

access to Knowledges might depend upon several factors
1 Quality/truth [is the knowledge right]
2 Scarcity [how much has been written about the Knowledge]
3 Access [is it easy to get to, controlled by an organisation]
4 Rank [can the character be trusted, is he a member of the organisation]

possibly ranked 1-5.
1 being poor or none existent
2 being average, a collectors personal collection
3 being above average, perhaps a cities library
4 being well known, a cities temple or university
5 being the pinnacle, the Hgh Temple or largest university

so a Church would have extensive texts the would grant Religious Knowlege. Most of it is about the God ot the Church as well as the panteon it exisits within.
so its might have the following ranks
3 Quality/truth. [only worshipped deity]
2 Scarcity. [the Temple contains no unique texts]
3 Access [anybody in thetown can enter the grounds of the Temple, but not enter the library]
4 Rank [only members of the Dieties priesthood are allowed to read the texts]

Thats way too complex and unwieldy for a first draft, but you get the idea, who the PC belong to controls the type and quality of written knowledge they have access to.

Non-written Knowleges, like animal lore, plant lore might be considered commoner skills, and as such might be considered "Blue Paper" and are unstealable, if you want to know about animals to help with tracking you need some practical experience
Forum Moderator
One Shot Wonder Ref
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dix
Forum Administrator

Postby Eclectica » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Any news on events for the Guild?
Eclectica
Club LRP Co-ordinator

Re: update

Postby Baz » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Echoing the above post from 4yrs ago :lol:
Ex Teolvar Ref
Arath - Gao Ith Karmon, Blacksmith and Priest of Darissan
Krymm - Randal the Wanderer - Unaffilliated Mage
Legacy - Cayden, Former Stoneheart Militia
Phoenix - Captain Argos DeLacey, 1st Company, Platinum Batallion, Ruby Regiment, Member of the Noble Order of the Knights of the Chalice
Teolvar - Kai of House Tayledras

If you can't do someone a good turn, don't do them a bad one. - Baz Lace
Baz
Forum Member

Return to Guild