Website Compromised - 24/01/2012

Forum for discussing non-game related matters.

Moderator: Committee Members

Website Compromised - 24/01/2012

Postby Tom_Duggan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi guys,

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is, but whenever I open the forum using firefox I'm getting reports from my ESET NOD32 Anti-virus that it is compromised.

Every time I log on it reports (and reports as "connection terminated") the JS/Iframe.AS trojan

Just thought I should let you know,

Tom
Arkfall LRP: Jarvis Bradfield, Medic and Arms Dealer, Buy-n-Bye Trading
Empire LRP: Kye Knife-Born, Bannerman to The Mother Saker
Slayers LRP: Kass, Choosen Champion of Herne, Battle Deamon
Tom_Duggan
GM / Ref

Postby Bowch » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm

I've seen one or 2 error reports in Chrome about it and have had a brief skim of the source code and removed a couple of things I didn't recognize. At some point I will have to sit and go through it line by line...
Site Administrator & Club Secretary

There is a theory that states: "If anyone finds out what the universe is for it will disappear and be replaced by something more bizarrely inexplicable."
There is another theory that states: "This has already happened...."
Bowch
Site Administrator

Postby Tom_Duggan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 am

It looks to me like you've fixed it. Certainly my computer has stopped complaining about it. :D
Arkfall LRP: Jarvis Bradfield, Medic and Arms Dealer, Buy-n-Bye Trading
Empire LRP: Kye Knife-Born, Bannerman to The Mother Saker
Slayers LRP: Kass, Choosen Champion of Herne, Battle Deamon
Tom_Duggan
GM / Ref

Buy buy Servage... Hello Hostgator

Postby Steve3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm

After poor response from Servage support and the company in general, the last 48 hours have been busy, and we're now with a more secure hosting company, although its costing me a bit more, I'll probably not have to spend as much time keeping things safe in the background.

DNS is still updating accross the world as I type, so hopefull by sunday morning latest, everyone will have full access back to the site.

Thanks as well to Bowch this morning for all his stirling work as well :-)

The site appears to be loading at a much better speed, so any feedback would be appreciated over the next week or so.

Just to give you an example of how bad servage is now.... He's a motoring anochdote...

Someone drives into the side of my car, does some serious damage, and drives off into the night leaving me to my pain and misery... So I take the car into the garage for the to have a look, and help me get it fixed. After some scratching of heads, some expensive oo's and are's the eventually come to the conclusion they've found whats wrong with the car. So, what to the tell me... Hmmm we see the problem... You've put diesel in instead of petrol havent you... WTF!!!
"I am Steve of Weird... prepare to be FREAKED!!!" LOL
Error 13: Illegal brain function. Process terminated.

Ex Arath Ref
Keeper of the Website
Rardox(deceased)
Steve3
Forum Administrator

Postby Gryme » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Site is indeed loading much faster and all seems to be well. Nice work both of you.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. Get out there and play!!!
Gryme
Forum Member

Return to General Discussion