Any fest events on this weekend? 2nd Sept

Forum for a general discussion on LRP within club.

Moderators: Committee Members, Arath Refs, Teolvar Refs, Guild Refs, Legacy Refs, Chrome Prophecy Refs, Into The Dark Refs

Any fest events on this weekend? 2nd Sept

Postby Ryan! » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:21 pm

I need to buy some kit at short notice and I was wondering if anyone knew of any events on this weekend I might be able to shop at. I don't mind taking quite a long trip!
Brutis
Major Grey
Gravel
Ryan!
Forum Member

Postby Eclectica » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:09 pm

As far as I know, neither PD or LT have any events on this weekend. I don't think Curious Pastimes do either, sorry Ryan!

Happy to be corrected...
Eclectica
Club LRP Co-ordinator

Postby Ryan! » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Bugger... I see I missed the Gathering by 1 weekend!! Nuts.
Brutis
Major Grey
Gravel
Ryan!
Forum Member

Postby Sean Milligan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 pm

Saddly all the big feast events were last weekend LT, CP, FnH etc, so none of the smaller games run anything a few weeks after due to recovering. I know if your in the manchester area darkblade normal opens up shop and lets people come in and see his stock, or lrp store has a phyiscal shop in the south west thats always open.

maelstorm is the weekend of legacy though. is it somthing specifc you are after?
The Trick is to keep Breathing
Sean Milligan
Forum Member

Postby Ryan! » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:16 am

I didn't realise the LRP store has a physical shop, and it is only 50 miles from me... I may pop round and have a look. Cheers!
Brutis
Major Grey
Gravel
Ryan!
Forum Member

Postby Sean Milligan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Its a fair new thing this year i believe, would love to pop in, but saddly its a little far sounth from me.
Sean Milligan
Forum Member

Postby Ryan! » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:13 pm

For those who are interested I just went to the LRP Store shop and chatted with a chap called Alex. He was very friendly indeed and I can highly recommend the leather they sell, I was really impressed by it. Sad news is they are closing the shop (only the shop, not the business) as they are too busy to staff it and want to concentrate on their manufacturing and on-line business.

As an aside, I don't recommend the Calamcil weapons (? that French Canadian stuff). Injection moulded stuff always looks great in photos and rubbish in person.

Also, they mentioned they are planning to go to lots of small events next year to crew, meet people, and bring a few bits and bobs if people are interested. They aren't intending to be traders, just want to get involved in peoples games and if they sell some stuff that is a bonus, but not important. They might come to one of our games. If we let them know when our events are they could very well pop along.
Brutis
Major Grey
Gravel
Ryan!
Forum Member

Postby Sean Milligan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Thats a huge shame about the shop :( i would of hoped the would keep it going and we need lrp to be more mainstream and on the street in my opion.

but its good to hear they are busy!

i'm also very keen to hear about those inject mouled jobs, i've been eyeing them up for a while now and was thinking on getting one but you've just put me off them!
Sean Milligan
Forum Member

Postby Ryan! » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to put you off, but I know if I had ordered one I'd have been disappointed, but we all have different tastes so you might really like the finish.

The mace I saw was really whippy. Some of the swords were good, and the blades have really improved from the fairly chunky ones they used to be. Frankly, I think the finish of a really good hand cut weapon is better for its imperfections. The injection moulded blades are too perfect, too factory made. And the sword tips are a bit ugly, kind of fat.

I think hand cut blades on all the moulded hilts would be an ideal combination.
Brutis
Major Grey
Gravel
Ryan!
Forum Member

Postby Sean Milligan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:51 pm

no no its fine i herad some bad things about them so finding out what a person things of them by seeing them in the real is excellent!
Sean Milligan
Forum Member

Return to General LRP Discussion